- In order to apply you must be at least 18 years old.
- If you live within the city limits of Fort Wayne, New Haven or Woodburn, you can not apply for a firearm license from the Allen County Sheriffs Department. You must go to the police department in the town in which you are a resident.
- If you are a resident of another state and have a regular place of business or employment of 40 hours a week or more in Allen County Indiana, you are eligible to apply for a 5 year personal protection license with the Allen County Sheriff’s Department. The applicant is required to send proof of employment or business ownership to the State as part of the application process.
- You can go to the following web site: http://www.allencountysheriff.org/ and click on “Bureau of Identification” (it’s on the upper left hand side of the screen) and then “Gun Permit info”.
- As of March 25, 2013, all hand gun applications must be filled out online via the Internet at the following web address: https://www.in.gov/isp/2829.htm.
- After filling out the application online (see item 5 above), contact IdentoGO either by calling them on the phone or via their web site. You need to request an appointment to get electronically fingerprinted. You can call IdentoGO at 1-877-472-6917 or go to their web site at https://www.IdentoGO.com. You can pay the fingerprinting fee of $12.95 on the phone, the Internet or when you show up for your fingerprinting appointment (Personal Check, Money Order or Cashier’s Check only, payable to IDEMIA).
AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN FINGERPRINTED by IdentoGO, proceed to the B of I office, located in the Charles “Bud” Meeks Justice Center, 101 E. Superior St (corner of Superior and Calhoun St.) Room B-25 (in the basement) to finish the application process. You will need your driver’s license and receipt from your fingerprinting appointment
The requested license will be mailed by the Indiana State Police to the mailing address entered on the application.
****** NO CELL PHONES, PAGERS, CAMERAS, PDA’S OR AUDIO EQUIPMENT OF ANY KIND IS PERMITTED IN THE ALLEN COUNTY COURT HOUSE OR THE CHARLES “BUD” MEEKS JUSTICE CENTER. COURT OFFICER’S WILL NOT HOLD ITEMS WHILE YOU ARE IN THE COURT HOUSE OR THE CHARLES “BUD” MEEKS JUSTICE CENTER.
PLEASE SEE BACK OF THIS FORM FOR THE NEW FEE SCHEDULE.
If you require any additional information, contact the Bureau of Identification at (260) 449-7630.
HANDGUN(S) LICENSING FEE SCHEDULE
EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2020
To pay the appropriate Local Fee, a Money Order or Cashier’s Check payable to the
Allen County Sheriff Department is required.
The state fee is paid online when filling out the application.
|LICENSE TYPE||STATE FEE||LOCAL FEE|
|(1) Five Year Personal Protection||FREE||FREE|
|(2) Lifetime Personal Protection||FREE||FREE|
|(3) Five Year Hunting and Target||FREE||FREE|
|(4) Lifetime Hunting and Target||FREE||FREE|
|(7) Retired Law Enforcement Officer.
Must be a sworn officer with 20 years of service or more.
|Fee Exempt.||Fee Exempt|
|(8) Firearms Dealer License to Sell||$60.00
With a valid Indiana Dealers License.
Link to ISP Firearms FAQS