Allen County Sheriff's Department
The mission of the Allen County Sheriff’s Department is to enhance the quality of life for the citizens of Allen County by professionally working in partnership to provide safety, security and service to the community while upholding the constitutional responsibilities of the Office of Sheriff.
Sheriff Troy Hershberger
As a lifelong resident and over 34 years with the department, Sheriff Hershberger has made it his life’s mission to serve and protect the citizens of Allen County. Sheriff Hershberger was elected Sheriff of Allen County in November 2022 and was sworn into office on December 29, 2022.
Allen County Sheriff’s Department November 1989 – Present
Sheriff Hershberger began his long-running career at the Allen County Confinement Facility and has gone on to oversee nearly every division of the department. During his tenure, he’s also served as a polygraphist for 18 Years, a SWAT Team member for 12 Years, Bomb Squad Technician for 11 Years, and a K-9 Handler for 6 Years.
Boards and Certifications Past and Present:
- Board of Directors of the Alcohol Abuse Deterrent Program
- Advisory board for Great Kids Make Great Communities
- Dr. Bill Lewis Center for Children
- YMCA Youth Services Bureau
- Greater Fort Wayne Crime Stoppers
- YWCA of Northeast Indiana
- Fort Wayne Women’s Bureau
- Mayor’s Commission on Domestic Violence, Rape, and Sexual Harassment
- Allen County’s Child Death Review Team
- Child Protection Team of Allen County
- Allen County School Safety Commission
- Board Member of the Combined Communications Partnership (Emergency Dispatch Center)
- Homeland Security Advisory Council Member
2024 Sheriff Sales
Dec 05 2023
List of 2024 Allen County Sheriff Mortgage Foreclosure Sales
2023 Sheriff Sales
Nov 21 2023
List of 2023 Sheriff Mortgage Foreclosure Sales.
One Deceased in Two-Vehicle Crash
Nov 12 2023
On November 11, 2023, at approximately 10:30 P.M., officers with the Allen County Sheriff's Department were dispatched to the area of Coldwater Road and Watervale Cove, reference a person injury crash. Upon arrival, officers and medics located two vehicles involved.