Sergeant A.J. Pape
When positions become available, the Allen County Sheriff's Department offers challenging career opportunities. Whether you are interested in becoming a Police Officer or prefer a position among the civilian ranks, we welcome your interest in becoming a part of the Allen County Sheriff's Department.Persons selected for potential employment as Civilian Confinement Officers and Dispatchers must meet all applicable requirements:
- Score 80% and above on written examination.
- Successfully pass criminal history check
- Successfully pass interview with supervisory staff.
- Successfully pass polygraph.
- Successfully pass psychological evaluation.
- Successfully pass physical and drug screen.
Local, State and National criminal history checks are run on ALL applicants. Candidates are selected after thorough review of their application to begin the hiring process. Employment is not guaranteed at any time while going through the hiring process which can take approximately 2-3 months. Applicants selected for potential hire for all other positions within the Sheriff's Department excluding Confinement Officer, Dispatcher and Police Officer must also successfully pass a polygraph, psychological examination, physical and drug screen.The Allen County Sheriff Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For information on joining the Allen County Police Reserve call
(260) 449-3315. Leave a message and someone from the Police Reserve will contact you.