The Allen County Sheriff’s Departments Civil Division is most visible at the Allen County Courthouse. Civil Division is responsible for security in 25 court/hearing rooms, 3 buildings and for 25 judges/magistrates. The Civil Divisions officers transport prisoners, serve subpoenas and protective orders, collect delinquent taxes and conduct Sheriffs sales on foreclosed properties.
Civil Division is staffed by both police officers and civilian court security personnel. Court security personnel are responsible for screening visitors to the Allen County Courthouse, the Courthouse Annex and the Criminal Justice Center.
For questions regarding the Civil Division contact: Lt. Edwards: email@example.com
WEAPONS OF ANY TYPE, CELLULAR TELEPHONES AND CAMERAS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE COURTHOUSE, COURTHOUSE ANNEX, OR CRIMINALJUSTICECENTER.
Service Information for Civil Papers
To have civil papers served by the Allen County Sheriff, please be sure to include
the name and address of the person to be served, and mail the following to our
1. Three copies of all papers to be served. One copy will be served, one will be mailed
to the defendant and one will be returned to you with our service information.
2. A self-addressed stamped envelope.
3. A return of service form. If one is not included, we will use our standard form.
4. If you are sending papers for service from outside of the State of Indiana, there is a
$60.00 fee for each person to be served. Your check should be made payable to
the Allen County Sheriff.
Tax Warrant Information
We are only authorized to collect payments. If you wish to dispute the amount
owed, please contact the Indiana Department of Revenue directly. Payment
arrangements are $50.00 per month or the total amount divided by 12, whichever
is greater. We do not send payment coupons. You are responsible for
remembering your payment every month. Your first payment is due one month
from the date you receive your warrant. Once your first payment is received, your
account will be put on a payment plan. As long as you are making your monthly
payments, you do not need to appear for your court date and you will receive no
further notices from us concerning your warrant. Your payment can be made in
one of the following ways:
1. To pay by credit card, call Gov Pay Exp at 1-888-604-7888.
2. You may mail your payment to our office at the address listed below.
Please be sure to include your warrant number on your check or money
3. You may bring your payment to our office. We are in Room 100 of the
Courthouse. We do not make change so please bring the correct amount to
the nearest dollar.
Our contact information is as follows:
Sheriff of Allen County
715 S. Calhoun Street Room 100
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
(260) 449-7632 for general information
(260) 449-3823 for civil paper service information