allencountysheriff.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Just a question
Post Just a question 
I just had a question, I have just recently seperated from the military where I was military police officer and for the last 5 years was a Military Working Dog handler (K9). I was wondering if my prior experience would help out with gaining employed with the department and/or if it would help to possabily get back in to working as a dog handler. I understand that there is time that has to be put in but I know of other places that cut time down for prior experience. Thank you for yor help and your answers.

Post Re: Just a question 
Anonymous wrote:
I just had a question, I have just recently seperated from the military where I was military police officer and for the last 5 years was a Military Working Dog handler (K9). I was wondering if my prior experience would help out with gaining employed with the department and/or if it would help to possabily get back in to working as a dog handler. I understand that there is time that has to be put in but I know of other places that cut time down for prior experience. Thank you for yor help and your answers.

Prior experience is a plus, however, all applicants have the same testing procedures and enter the testing as equals.
As for getting into Canine's, we offer no "shortcut" for previous experience.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum